I AM SO EXCITED MY NEW SPORTS BRA IS AT THE STORE I CAN GET IT TOMORROW OMG OMG SPORTS BRA
no no you don’t understand. I wear a 38I-40H. It’s nigh-impossible to find normal bras which fit, let alone speciality bras. I have been looking for a sports bra for 3 years. Three. Knowing that there is a bra which will hopefully-maybe fit only 15 minutes away is a game changer, and I am SO EXCITED.
― But some part of him realized, even as he fought to break free from Lupin, that Sirius had never kept him waiting before… . Sirius had risked everything, always, to see Harry, to help him… . If Sirius was not reappearing out of that archway when Harry was yelling for him as though his life depended on it, the only possible explanation was that he could not come back… . That he really was …
thank you for writing a story for me! I have no doubts whatsoever that I will love the pants off of whatever you write :)
I'mma talk about canons first and then get to general reading preferences.
( Frankenstein )
( The Fall )
( Vorkosigan Saga )
( Smoke Signals )
( general info about what I like to read )
SRSLY GUISE THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY UNDERWIRE ENCASED HEART!!!!
It was especially prestigious (is that the word I'm looking for? A word that means "well timed"?) as today was the first day of a new round of therapy. I knew a few weeks ago, when everything exploded with Cassie, the kids, and my father arriving, that shit was going to go haywire inside. So I was proactive and had put in a call to both my medical treatment team and asked for a referral to talk therapy.
I'm always a little nervous about free therapy (which is all I can afford) as most free therapy is aimed at...well, therapy newbs. I'm not a therapy newb. I've been in some form of therapy or another for well over two decades now. So a lot of the nitty gritty basics aren't something I spend a lot of time on.
And...I kinda hate how they get younger and younger while I get older and older. (This is not Matthew Mcconaughey saying this, I swear.) It's just since these are kids fresh out of college (who went to college right out of high school) they are often 5-10 years younger than me. Interns, at this clinic. And young ones. My current therapist is a freshly turned 27 years old.
I am 33. But I keep telling myself, over and over, to help quell the worry, that they went to school for this. They went to school for this and I have not, so SURELY they must know something I don't.
I mean, that's the whole point of professional help, right? Trusting that the people with the degrees know something you don't. That's what you do when you're out of ideas, when you're in over your head, when you aren't sure what the next step or tool to cope with is.
So I shook hands with this young man and we talked. It was a pretty basic first visit. Diagnosis, previous treatments, possible issues to be discussed on further visits, etc. He was very personable, which helps. We talked about the things that I want to immediately work on.
* Old trauma issues that were brought up due to watching my sister's children being drug through similar trauma. What about them, I haven't a clue, but I'm confident something will come up.
* My, as of the last...since I broke up with David...renewed difficulties in leaving the house. Threshold anxiety, is what I call it. Just getting out the door is really, really fucking hard sometimes.
* Nightmare watch, of which they've been creeping up again. This is not unusual, but hey, I'm in therapy. May as well see what can be done about it.
I did ask about the EMDR treatments. They do have a licensed therapist on staff that does that, but you have to have insurance in order to utilize that service. I have no insurance. Hopefully I'll get insurance someday before I die and can try that particular treatment. You guys have said some very promising things about it. I'm definitely excited to try it sometime.
One thing that really embarrassed me happened. As the appointment went on, I began to lose a bit of composure. I became more and more fidgety, unable to sit still, touching everything within reach of me, hand movements becoming more agitated. This is pretty normal for me in new situations. But it kicked out a pretty inappropriate question, which was "Do you have a therapist? Do you NEED a therapist?" He said he was not comfortable discussing that, which was fair enough. That's totally within his rights.
But after that, the urge to just start pacing and be even more frantic increased. Everything started changing, my ability to keep to subjects, etc etc. It was really embarrassing, even as I know that this is why I'm here.
So, I'm really glad that I had the foresight to set this up two and a half weeks ago, even as I'm both scared and chomping at the bit to get started. I guess that means good things, though, right? Scared to do the right things but doing it anyways. Going into therapy, even for a few sessions, is not particular frightening. I've been checking myself into various therapeutic settings for decades, all by myself.
Just scared of what I might find out. Maybe something I thought I'd settled isn't really so settled. Maybe I still feel some survivor's guilt. Maybe something. I don't know.
But this is what being an advocate of your mental health looks like. It means using all the tools, even if they are scary looking.
[Image: Cecil wearing an avocado-print tank top and a backpack and smiling at Carlos. Cecil: “Hi Carlos! Did you see my LEMON SLICE BACKPACK?” Cecil turns around to show off his backpack, which is round and printed like a slice of lemon; Carlos smiles at Cecil and rubs his neck. Caption: “Later that night.” Carlos is lying in bed, awake. Carlos: “sigh yes god I’m so into that LEMON SLICE BACKPACK.” Carlos blushes and looks freaked out. Carlos: “GOD I’M INTO IT.”]
i’ve thought about these tags a lot
only drawing steve and bucky make-outs from now on so people will have to stop tagging my steve/bucky drawings as #brotp
This song, Work Song, by Hozier, is one of my top Bucky/Steve songs. So good.
'Women In Science'
Chronological mosaic featuring nine awesome female Rock Star Scientists.
• Ada Lovelace - considered the world’s first computer programmer for her work on Charles Babbage’s early mechanical general-purpose computer, the analytical engine.
• Marie Curie - a pioneer in the field of radioactivity, as well as the first person honored with two Nobel Prizes in both physics and chemistry.
• Lise Meitner - Nuclear physicist who was part of the team that discovered nuclear fission (when one atom splits into two and releases energy).
• Barbara McClintock - ground breaking research in cytogenetics and developed the technique for visualizing maize chromosomes. Best known for her discovery of transposition and used it to demonstrate that genes are responsible for turning physical characteristics on and off.
• Grace Hopper - computer scientist whose work led to one of the first modern programming languages. She also popularized the term “debugging” for fixing computer glitches after being motivated by an actual moth removed from the computer.
• Rachel Carson - marine biologist, conservationist, and author who reported the dangers of the synthetic pesticide DDT and it’s effect on wildlife.
• Rosalind Franklin - contributor to discovering the fine molecular structures of DNA, RNA, viruses, coal and graphite.
• Esther Lederberg - microbiologist who devised the first successful implementation of replica plating and helped discover and understand the genetic mechanisms of specialized transduction.
• Jocelyn Bell Burnell - astrophysicist who discovered the first radio pulsars (signals coming from rapidly rotating neutron stars). Some have called this the “greatest astronomical discovery of the twentieth century.”
(now available as prints and tshirts at meganlee.etsy.com)
Designs by Megan Lee Studio, LLC
(Continuation of last time)Maru chases Hana persistently.
Maru:[He comes again!]
Hana:[You are very persistent! I slap you.]
Hana:[And I escape again.]
Maru:[I will not let you escape!]